What is Mediation?
Mediation is a dynamic, structured, interactive process where a neutral third party assists disputing parties in resolving conflict through the use of specialized communication and negotiation techniques. All participants in mediation are encouraged to actively participate in the process.
- Bullying, Schools, Workplace, Community
- Neighbourhood: Pets, noise, property boundaries
- Family Issues: Aging parents, parenting plans, blended families
- Parent/Teen Conflict: Bickering, curfew, etc.
Your Unique Problem: Please call if you have an issue that may benefit from mediation. We will do our best to help!
What are the benefits of Mediation?
Often while inside conflict it is difficult to see clearly, with a third party mediator each person has an opportunity to be heard on equal ground.The process is completely voluntary and can be one session or perhaps an ongoing series of sessions until the conflict is manageable by the participants themselves.
Other benefits include:
- Free, confidential and voluntary
- Encourages mutual problem-solving
- Everyone is treated with respect
- Can improve relationships
- An alternative to costly legal action
What does an Mediator do?
Our Volunteer Mediators are trained “discussion guides” who…
- Are non-judgemental and support all parties
- Create a safe environment for open and honest discussion
- Listen carefully and help facilitate and encourage dialogue
- Promote problem solving and believe the best solutions come from those involved in the situation